Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Argan Oil

My hair has some wave to it, especially when it is shorter. If I don't blow dry it, there are a million collicks going in a million different directions. The positive is that I don't have to get a "roll straight perm" to get volume when I have shorter hair. It just puffs without a perm. I know this because someone pointed it out to me when I had shorter hair. Who knew?

In my quest to go more truly natural, not chemical natural, I started searching for an all natural product to tame my frizzies. I also needed something natural because my hormones were making me lose a lot of hair. Handfuls of it. Everyday. Still...

That was when I ran across the brand name version of argan oil which costs a lot of money at salons. As I read the reviews, people commented that the expensive version was basically argan oil. I looked up organic argan oil and BAM, found it on Amazon. For a fraction of the price, I could purchase 100% organic argan oil.


Can I tell you how smooth it makes your hair feel? From the first time that I tried it, I could feel the difference. I kept touching my hair. You basically put 2 drops of the oil into the palms of your hands. Then, you smooth it through the ends of your wet hair before blow drying. Depending on the length of your hair, you need to use this oil in moderation. I learned the hard way. Once, I put 5 drops and it was disastrous. My hair looked like I hadn't taken a shower for a few days. I had to wash my hair again before going out. If your hair is shorter and finer, one drop might do the trick.

When I got this bottle, it stated that it could also be used as a moisturizer. I look it up and was shocked to see all the tremendous reviews about argan oil as a moisturizer. There is a former model who has her own line but that is also more expensive. The bottle I purchased above was $17. The bottle is small but you use very little. I wash my face, use a toner, argan oil, and some cream. The argan oil tightens your skin and really soaks in (even though I have an oily t-zone). I put cream on those areas that are a bit drier, due to my hormones/winter. The scent is a bit like olives to me. A very mild smell.

I had used the rose oil for a few months to see the results, and I really liked it. Now, I wanted to try argan oil because of all the great reviews I had read. I am going to try this for the next couple of months and see if I like this better than the rose oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment