Monday, July 14, 2014

Summers

I don't know about you, but my summers are crazy. So many things to take care of. So many things to help with. So many events. So much of a lot of things with chemo in between! Too many things for this low energy gal. 

To fast forward what has been happening in my life:
  • I got my photos back! The Apple store referred me to a data recovery company that said it would ONLY charge me $945! I cried. I prayed. Then, I started looking online and found a recovery program. It cost me $90, but it was music to my ears after hearing the other quote! Those of you with any type of Apple product: back up everything before doing an update! Updates can turn your life upside down! If you were wondering, my brother and sister-in-law got us an external hard drive. My pictures are now backed up. 

  • My hair has been growing back. I have a fuzzy head. A1 likes to come by me and rub my head. It does feel soft. I might be able to put a baby pin on soon! It's growing out all crazy, but it is good to see hair on my head again!

  • Our family got to go to Washington D.C. for an annual Korean pastor's meeting in our denomination. We hadn't been able to go to one for over 5 years. It was a long drive, but it was beautiful. I even drove through Pennsylvania!

  • I haven't been able to bake a lot which makes me a bit sad.

  • Little things here and there add up to major fatigue for me. I still have a hard time pacing myself. I push myself like I used to (pre-cancer) and then I crash. Not good. Why is this so hard?

  • The most exciting news: I have my last chemo treatment (for the time being) today! The cancer in my liver hasn't spread and has shown a bit of improvement. My oncologist wants to give my bone marrow a chance to recover. I will be taking a "stronger-than-hormone-pill" pill - if my insurance covers it. Still waiting. Chemo at 8:00 am and then the Neulasta shot on Tuesday. Got to take the Claritin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment