Monday, February 18, 2013

Triple Ugh

On Sunday, we went to church with the same excitement we always do. Last week, we had just made the last shuttle for the 9:00 am service. This time, we got there a bit earlier. We were waiting for the 7:30 am service to end and A3 grabbed one of the snacks (mandarin oranges). Everything was fine, until we got by the seats. Then, there was throw up. He had eaten breakfast and had been fine up to that point. But then, that happened. 

I ran to one of the snack tables and got paper towels and napkins. A3 had a difficult time during the service because his stomach felt so uncomfortable. On our way back home, I spotted a plastic bag in the van, and I asked the driver for it-just in case. It was well used on the car ride back. Unfortunately, it spilled over onto my husband's pants and part of the van. We cleaned it up as best as we could. 

When we got home, more came out of that little tummy. In two different ways. He was achey and cold and then fevery. But towards the end of the day, he was able to hold down some food. 

But then... my husband and I started to feel a bit nauseous. We went to bed and slept. At 12:00 am, he got up to go to the bathroom. Then, he conked out on the little sofa we have. I got up 1:00 am with the words, "It's time." And sure enough, it was time for me to go to the bathroom. In the morning, we woke up very achey and not so well. A3 was bouncy and back to his old self. 

But, we had to go to our class. This week the speaker's topic was going to be: Spiritual Warfare. When we got to class, we found that a large part of the class was sick. My body ached. I was afraid that I might throw up. But I was so glad that I went. I needed to hear that lecture.

Pray for us. Please.


No comments:

Post a Comment