Tuesday, August 19, 2014

New Dosage

After the whole mouth sore incident, my oncologist changed my dosage for the Afinitor. I went from a 10 mg pill to a 5 mg pill. Because it is a chemo drug, you cannot cut it, so I had to wait for the new pills to arrive. I got my new pills Monday afternoon and was able to eat them at my regularly scheduled time (6:00 pm).

I am very happy to say that my mouth sores are gone! The "Magic Mouthwash" and not being on the Afinitor worked. At this point, I don't want to think about the side effects of the steroids. I just know that the "magic mouthwash" helped me to eat again.

So, Monday night we used a gift card that we received and got some carry out. I ate buffalo mini burgers, chopped salad, potatoes au-gratin, and cole slaw! Yummy, yummy to my tummy!!! A1 got an angus burger, and he said that it was too juicy and rich?? Him and A2 ended up devouring the chopped salad that I so love. They couldn't stop eating it. These are the times that I wish they wouldn't eat so many vegetables...


No comments:

Post a Comment