Monday, April 18, 2016

Say What?

For those of you who know me well, this has been one of those weeks! It has been squished with A LOT of things to pray for.

One of those things happened on Wednesday. I finally made an appointment with the optometrist for my blurry vision that has been getting worse. If there was anything wrong, she could refer me to an ophthalmologist. I had a series of tests, met with the optometrist, had my eyes dilated, and met with the optometrist again. She told me that I had something that people who are a lot older usually get: cataracts.

Basically, the lens in your eye gets cloudy and they have to replace it. They replace it with a silicon one. She told me that for younger people (I'm in that category!), they usually slide in a prescription lens so that you don't need glasses anymore. You can either get it completely clear and wear reading glasses OR you can get a prescription a little bit lower, see near and far, but wear driving glasses. The thought of not wearing glasses sounded really good to me! But one thing was on my mind: will I see them operating on me?

My husband has had eye surgery and he reassured me that they conk you out. Relief! I will have to talk to my oncologist about the diagnosis when I go in for chemo.

Eye surgery... Yes.

No glasses... Maybe?




No comments:

Post a Comment