Monday, November 12, 2012

Vertigo and Sore Shoulders

Vertigo must love me. It is still with me. It will be 5 weeks on Tuesday. So thankful that is a lot, lot better, but I still have to be careful. Sometimes, I get the occasional, nauseating, dizzy spell, but it is so much better. My oncologist wrote a referral to see the physical therapist. That seems to be the only way to get things back into those little, inner ear tubes so that you can be balanced again. I have to confess that I have been putting it off a bit because I don't want to throw up in one of those physical therapy sessions (I've heard stories). Pray for me! Please!

My husband came back, and then my body lost all energy. The tiredness of the week before caught up with me. The day after he came back, I slept past 9 a.m. Okay, I woke up here a there but I didn't get out of bed until past 9 a.m. Even then, I was still exhausted. It is slowly getting better.

I did make a mistake last week... one of hundreds actually. While my friend was taking her two boys out of their car seats, I told her that I would hold her one year old. After a minute or two, I could feel my shoulders being pulled from their sockets. Okay, maybe not so dramatic, but I felt a very uncomfortable and a bit painful pull on my shoulders. When I tried to put "R" down so that I could walk her inside the building, she wrapped her legs around me. She wouldn't let go... even when another friend tried to help. I quickly proceeded into the building so that I could sit down with "R" so that the pressure would be taken from my shoulders. I got to a seat, but the damage was done.

My body is not what it used to be.

This is such a difficult realization to come to.


No comments:

Post a Comment