Thursday, November 29, 2012

One Year Blogiversary!

Today is the one year anniversary of this blog! One year ago, I was recovering from my surgery and started writing this blog. I had tried for so long to start a blog and was finally able to! I wanted to keep everyone up to date on my condition and recovery. I look back on that time and think about how crazy I was. I should have been resting some more, but instead I started writing and making snack mix!

Thank you so much for reading this blog. It means a lot to me that so many of you take the time to read what I have written. I have really enjoyed writing, taking pictures, and writing. I still can't believe that I have been maintaining a blog for this long! It has been a blessing and an outlet for me.

One very interesting tidbit is that the most popular blog post has been the one titled, "Overwhelmed." I wrote it thanking all those people who had been so kind and generous to our family during those crazy days after the surgery. But, I believe that random people typed that word on their computers hoping to find... something. Hoping that they might get the answer they were looking for by typing it on their computer search engines. I am thinking of writing some blog posts titled, "Desperation" or "Loneliness" so that people who are feeling those things can be redirected to the One who can heal their desperate or lonely or broken heart.

On another note, today is also my hubby's birthday! He grew up in a family where they never celebrated birthdays. He never got presents or a cake for his birthday. Never. That is why when we were dating, he passed my birthday by. I was steaming mad and so embarrassed-all the girls at the dorm kept asking me what he had gotten me. He wasn't even around. He had gone to a friend's house in another town. I thought that he was going to surprise me, but he never did. Okay, a day later he did when he realized how mad I was. I still have that scarf. It reminds me of that time and how important it is to know your loved one's family culture.

Happy birthday, Hubby! I still love you even though you passed by my first birthday because you weren't used to celebrating birthdays because your family never did!


No comments:

Post a Comment