Friday, March 28, 2014

Update on Happening #3

Someone referred us to a dentist that I was able to see on Thursday. I had to explain my medical history, prescription medications, chemotherapy drugs, symptoms, dental history, and dental fears. He listened with an attentive ear and explained things in an extremely thoughtful way. Then, he examined my teeth and took x-rays.

My husband and I were so relieved when he told us that things weren't as bad as he thought they would be. He had seen many patients who had endured chemo and found their teeth and gums completely destroyed. My teeth looked pretty good.

Those black teeth? Old amalgam fillings (which were fine). Hehehe... The conversation also brought to light a redo on a root canal that I had forgotten about. A root canal that I had completely forgot about. How could you forget that you got a root canal redone???? I don't know. I did. This is why a few years back, I had entertained the thought of having an early onset of Alzheimer's disease.

So thankful to Dr. L for the kindness that he showed us.


No comments:

Post a Comment