Thursday, June 28, 2012

Super Simple Homemade Lotion

Last week, I was down to my last drops of homemade beeswax cream. My skin was dry and I needed to make more cream. But, our schedule was so crazy! Then, this recipe fell on my lap! AND it was super duper simple. Really. All you need are a few ingredients and a blender or immersion blender.

The last time I made body cream, I made a lot. A lot lot. So much that I couldn't use it all before the allotted time to use it. So when I found this super, simple recipe that makes little batches at a time, I was sold. Trust me. If I can do it, you can too!


Super Simple Homemade Lotion
adapted from gorgeouslygreen.com

1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon shea butter
2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
2 teaspoons aloe vera gel
10 drops essential oil

1 dark colored glass container
rubbing alcohol
paper towel


1. Place all ingredients in a blender or immersion blender cup.



2. Mix.


3. Put some rubbing alcohol on a paper towel.


4. Rub the inside of the glass container (sterilize).

5. Use. Should be good for a few months, but I think that it will be gone by then.



*There is some grit to this lotion due to the shea butter. But, it quickly as you rub the lotion onto your skin. If you are a bit, how can I say this, anal, you can melt the ingredients in a double boiler, let cool, add essential oils, and then mix together. No grit.


No comments:

Post a Comment