Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Ant Wars, Part II

I apologize for the lack of posts. I've been tired. I've been foggy and groggy. I haven't had the energy to write. There was a bit of mental energy strain last week and not enough for writing here. But I do want to continue with my reporting on the ant wars that have been taking place in our home.



The ants have come and gone. There have been times that I would find a lone ant in a place that I hadn't seen one before and I would load up on more natural ant killer. They are currently lining one of my walls. Then, the ants would disappear. At this moment, I am very happy to report that I have not seen any ants. But we don't know what tomorrow will bring.

This is the recipe that an A-girl showed me. She had had some ant problems and this seemed to work for her. Hope that it helps.

By the way, save all of those plastic, take-out lids! They work great for this.

Also, I filled a couple of large yogurt containers (that have lids) with soaked cotton balls of this ant killer inside. I cut little triangles on the sides (down low) so that the ants could go in. I placed these containers outside near a spot that I had seen a lot of ants. I went outside last week to see how things were going and there were A LOT of ants inside that container. Some alive, some not so alive.

If you have a natural way to get rid of these pests, please share your story.


Natural Ant Killer
from food.com

1 cup of sugar
3 Tblspn. borax
3 cups of warm water

1. Mix sugar and borax well.
2. Add warm water and stir.
3. Store in a jar.
4. Saturate a cotton ball.
5. Place on a jar lid.
6. Grab stray ants and throw them on the cotton ball to get things started.
7. Wait.
8. When the cotton balls dry, rewet.

No comments:

Post a Comment