Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Revival

This past weekend was filled with different activities, performances, birthday parties, and a 3 day revival meeting at our church. The speaker has been a mentor to my husband for several years. He helped my husband to see that the heart of ministry was not some great sermon, not some great church program, not some state of the art building, nor a mega sized congregation. He showed my husband that Jesus was the heart of ministry. So simple, but something that can be forgotten. Something that some of us need to be brought back to. Something that is not always popular, even in Christian churches. Jesus, simple and clear.

Usually, I am with the children during these types of events. I normally would teach, do crafts, and eat snacks with the children. This time, I was able to go to the adult side. (Just one of those times that I can't help but be thankful for my cancer.) The Korean speaking adult side. The side where I don't fully understand everything. 

But, God was there. He helped me to understand the parts that He wanted me to understand. He helped to pray for things that I needed to pray to Him about. He helped me to see what I needed to see. Because He convicts our hearts, in His time. 


by CCMGUY1


No comments:

Post a Comment