Monday, July 23, 2012

My Favorite Pen

Fifteen or so years ago, I was introduced to this little baby. My HI-TEC-C. This ain't no ordinary pen. This a very special pen. Once I started using it, I couldn't use anything else. In fact, back in my more *ahem* anal days, only my HI-TEC-C could touch the pages of my journal. No HI-TEC-C, no writing. I would search the house to find my pen. Even if I only had one sentence to write.


When I was single, I would write letters and cards using these pens. Then I had children. No time. Needed sleep. Used whatever pen was around. My children were not/are not allowed to use my HI-TEC-C pens. Children can cause damage to these precious pens. Sorry. No, and's, if's, or but's.


In the picture above, I drew lines with my HI-TEC-C and a regular ball point pen. As you can see, there is a difference. The HI-TEC-C draws a very fine line. Someone commented that she thought that it was like a mechanical pencil. Another amazing thing is that the ink does not produce clots as you write. The lines are smooth and clear. Oh yeah, gotta get the 0.3. Tried the 0.4 but the 0.3 suits me better.

A few years back, my husband and I needed to get this guy's email for church business. When he started to write his email, I noticed that he was using a HI-TEC-C. I freaked him out when I said, "Oh, you like HI-TEC-C pens too." We got into a long discussion on the wonderfulness of HI-TEC-C pens. I also told him that I hoarded mine because I had never seen them in the U.S. That's when he told me that they sold these pens in the United States also (here). I guess I could have looked them up on the internet? This is Moni.


My brother-in-law bought a box for me last year. He was a bit shocked at the price - around $3 each. The next time they sent a package to us from Korea, he sent some other brand: Finetech? Pinetech? Not the same. Cannot compare. Gave those to my kids to use.

Then I heard that Martha Stewart likes these pens. I think I know why...


No comments:

Post a Comment