Friday, July 13, 2012

PCPs, Arms, and Ultrasounds

I went to see my new primary care physician on Wednesday. We met, he answered my questions, examined me, and ordered some routine blood tests. It was so simple and stress free. I had blood drawn and I didn't even feel the nurse stab me with a needle! I made a point of telling her how good she was! So thankful to my oncologist for helping me with my PCP situation!

It has been 7 weeks since I received a cortisone shot in my right shoulder. During that time, I was able to move my arms in ways that I had not been able to after my surgeries. But now that time has passed, my arms are beginning to stiffen up. I can feel it the most when I lay down. My arms don't feel comfortable. I have to lay them perfectly straight. I can't even put them on top of the blanket. I can see why this is called frozen shoulder. My shoulders seem to be freezing into place. I can feel it happening. One resolution remains: no more cortisone shots! Don't want the extra strength medicine in my body nor the painful pain.

Friday, I have my monthly oncology visit and monthly Xgeva shot. I will also be getting an ultrasound of my neck. My endocrinologist ordered this test at the end of April, I forgot about the order, finally made an appointment, went to get the ultrasound, realized that I had forgotten the written order, could not get the ultrasound because it was past 5 o'clock and the endocrinologist's office was closed, forgot about calling again, and finally got an appointment. So Friday is the day!

Please pray that everything will turn out fine and that nothing will be stuck to anything that it shouldn't be stuck to in my neck. Please remember my shoulders. Pray that God will touch them.


No comments:

Post a Comment