Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Absentee

Last week, I was absent. I hope that you noticed. I had planned on prewriting posts and scheduling them during my time away. But, it didn't happen.

Anyways, we were on vacation last week! Whoohoo! My sister's family, brother's family, my parents, and our family, all met in South Carolina. All seventeen of us had a wonderful time eatin', swimmin', and talkin'. I was so excited to be with my family, near the ocean, and near the ocean. Did I tell you that I love the ocean? Oh yeah, and my family too!




We even had papparazzi taking pictures of everything we did: my brother and brother-in-law. They took out their professional cameras and took so many pictures that I really didn't have to take out my camera. Didn't want them to see the pictures I took because the pictures they took were so professional-looking. Really.

We were also able to fulfill my parents' dream of taking an all-family photo. There was a controversy of whether we should wear khakis and white shirts or jeans and white shirts. The controversy was settled in South Carolina, and we ended up using both types of clothing. I am very thankful to say that all Christmas pictures are set: for our family, my sister's family, my brother's family, and my parents. Expect, white shirts, khakis or jeans, and smiles.

A song that kept going through my mind throughout my time there was "O Love That Wilt Not Let Me Go." Specifically, the first verse:


O Love that wilt not let me go
I rest my weary soul in Thee
I give Thee back the life I owe
That in Thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be


I secretly sang this song when I was alone or when the wind made it impossible for others to hear me sing. I think I wrote about singing and me...

He kept reminding me that He doesn't want to let me go. To be honest, I would let go of me. I can be pretty unbearable at times. I'll be the first to admit that I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, still do. But, the fact still remains: He still loves me. Pretty incredible God!


by ajfakes


No comments:

Post a Comment