Thursday, August 30, 2012

This Is Hot


This is hot, chunky, and flavorful. It is a sauce that a family friend made. Oh yeah, his is also a well known chef. He worked at Charlie Trotter's for many years and then decided to open up his own restaurant(s). The first is Urban Belly. It is an Asian fusion noodle shop. The second is Belly Shack, which is a (gourmet) sandwich shop. The third is Belly Q. It is an Asian barbeque restaurant. He opened that one with Michael Jordan. Yes, #23. Da Bulls!

Back to the sauces. The first one we tried was his Seoul Sauce. It is a teriyaki-like sauce that can be used as a marinade on any meat. Sorry, I don't have a picture because we used up both of the bottles that we had. My kids loved it and asked for more. It was easy and tasty. If my husband can do it...


The sauce that I thought was a marinade but really was a hot sauce, is the Belly Fire sauce. Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! I loved the flavor and the texture from the first bite. It is chunky goodness. I kept telling my husband to put it on the chili that we were eating and he said, "How good can it be?" The reason he said that was because I kept telling him how good it was. Again. And again. (I had started eating before him...) I couldn't believe the flavor. It was flavorful hotness. Well, when he tried it, he started laughing and said, "Wow, this is really good. It makes me want to keep eating it." And keep eating, he did. And A1. And A2. And A3. And me. Might have to hide it from the kids.

Can I tell you. I keep thinking of what I can eat it with. Rice, sandwiches, chili... Last night, I had shitake mushrooms which I normally dip in soy sauce. I added some of the Belly Fire sauce to the soy sauce and it gave it the flavor and kick that gave it some "oomph!" My husband agreed.

And don't worry. It doesn't have MSG. It is all natural with no added preservatives. At this time, you can only purchase it at Urban Belly and Belly Shack. Or, you might want to talk to his brother...



**I was not paid to write this review. This is the honest opinion of A1, A2, A3, the hubs, and me.**


No comments:

Post a Comment