Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chubby Bubbies

These two have been keeping me smiling for the past year. I have their picture hanging in a place that I can see them every time I sit down to eat. I look at their picture and just smile. It makes me so happy. They were able to come over last Saturday. Can I tell you how excited I was? Can I tell you how excited my children were? We were counting down the time until their arrival.



I wanted to hug them and kiss them and smell them! I miss that baby smell. I even miss that funky smell that babies have between their fingers and toes! I need some more babies around me. Can you, please, pass some babies to me!

One of these guys was even doing push ups! And he's only one! Blurry but true. Then, he got tired and lay on his daddy's lap. He might have needed a nap. I don't know how his momma does it. Two boys. She is amazing!


They were so squishy and so soft and so, so huggable. By the time they left, I had to take a nap. It actually made me really sad. Sad because they left. Sad because I couldn't hold them the way I used to hold babies. Sad because my body wasn't the same.

But then I realized that He still has plans for me. They are good plans. They are plans to give me hope and a future. They are plans to draw me closer to Him. They are plans to bring glory to His name.

"Not to us, O Lord, not to us. But to Your name be the glory, 
because of Your love and faithfulness."
Psalm 115:1


No comments:

Post a Comment