Friday, March 30, 2012

Ortho - Prayers

Last Friday, I went to my monthly appointment with my oncologist. It was a bit surprising to see this doctor I had never seen before come in. Dr. K was on spring vacation with her kids. I'm glad she took that time to spend with her family. The other oncologist was very nice and he gave me the name of another orthopedic surgeon. I called as soon as I got home, but I was rejected again.

I had called many offices, looked online, had written emails to practices... I didn't know what else I could do. I just wanted someone who would be able to deal with my cancer and my medications. I didn't want to bother others, but I had to resort to asking a friend (whose husband is a doctor) if he had any connections at U of C Hospital. Unfortunately, those connections were in another department.

At this point, I felt a bit discouraged. What else could I do? And, in the meantime, my shoulder had been hurting more because someone had enthusiastically bear hugged me, with a lot of love, the night before. On top of that, my left arm/shoulder has been hurting more often because I have been using it more.

On Wednesday, my friend called me and told me that she had a friend who was an orthopedic hand surgeon. To make a long story short, the surgeon gave my friend the name of an orthopedic shoulder surgeon. I called the office but the doctor is on vacation. I am going to call him on Friday.

Please pray that I will be able to see this doctor.


No comments:

Post a Comment