Friday, March 23, 2012

Help

Usually, when you have guests, you get tired from all the cooking and entertaining. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are here as our guests, but they are doing everything. They cook, clean, and do the laundry. They won't let me do anything. I have to just sit, lay down, rest, and eat. Yet, I am tired? Maybe I am getting too spoiled?

This is my sister-in-laws first time to the U.S. She is loving it, even though, she is doing most of the work in this house. Her and my mother-in-law even cleared out my kids' winter clothes for the summer clothes. No, I didn't make them do it. I was going to do it after they left, but my husband has been making lists of things that they should do before they leave. It is a bit embarrassing for me, but they have been happily helping. My husband told me that my sister-in-law said that she feels really comfortable at our house. That made me glad.

Another good thing is that my sister-in-law told my husband that we should purchase a good knife. She said that ours was really dull, even though, we had sharpened it. We have had that $20 knife since we got married. I have asked my husband, many times, if I could purchase a better knife but he said that we should do with what we already have. Well, now that his sister said it, he said that we should get a good knife. He also confessed that after having to do most of the cooking in this house, he realized how important a good knife was. He wants to go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond right away. I said, "Bed, Bath, and Beyond?"


No comments:

Post a Comment