Monday, March 5, 2012

Shoulder MRI and Pizza

This morning, I will be getting an MRI of my right shoulder. It has been increasingly difficult to do things with my right arm. I don't know if it is because it has only been 3 weeks since my surgery, but I cannot lift my right arm very high. I also cannot twist it, stretch it, or put pressure on it. Last night we went out to eat with some people from church and my husband had to cut my pizza for me. I was having a difficult time cutting through the crust. Of course, it was deep dish (Lou Malnati's to be exact), but the crust was hard to cut through. Don't blame the crust. I really, really like the crust exactly the way it is. I just don't have strength in my arm.

Hopefully, this MRI will help my oncologist determine what is going on with my arm. I can't even scratch my own back anymore. I have tried with both arms, but I just can't seem to itch those itchy spots on my back anymore. Maybe I need one of those Korean back scratchers? Also, one wrong twist of my arm and I am on the floor writhing in pain. It is impossible to get dressed without twisting your arm in some way.

Please appreciate: itching the itchy spots on your back, cutting your own pizza, and getting dressed without being in pain or needing assistance.

So many simple things to be thankful for!


No comments:

Post a Comment