Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Last Friday

That day was an emotion packed day. I wasn't sure about the CT and bone scan results. I had an appointment with the primary care doctor that had misdiagnosed me. I was a big ball of nerves. 

That morning, I had given myself a pep talk (yes, I often have to give myself pep talks to do things) to ask Dr. K if she could help me not have to go to my primary care doctor's office. Why? The primary care doctor had misdiagnosed me. Didn't really trust her. Didn't really want to see her. Didn't like that she was calling me into her office when she didn't have to. I came to the realization that I could say something about the situation and try to do what I could.

When I started to ask Dr. K, I almost started crying. The tears welled up in my eyes. Very unexpected. It was a big surprise to me. But, I managed to keep those tears in my eyes, not down my cheeks. Dr. K was very understanding and helpful. She told me to wait while she went to see what she could do. After I waited for quite some time, she came back to give me the low-down. She said that I could go to my primary care doctor's office and then go to that orthopedic surgeon's office OR I could change my primary care doctor and go to a different orthopedic surgeon.

Side note: I had tried to change my primary care doctor. Several times. It is not an easy process. It was further complicated with my cancer. I learned, the very hard way, that you need a knowledgeable and experienced doctor who will listen to what you have to say. I had spent hours trying to find good doctors, written emails, and had called many offices. Unfortunately, I came across a lot of closed doors. 

Dr. K made more calls, and even got the help of the billing supervisor, even though Dr. K was quite busy with her patient load for that morning. An hour and half later, she was able to get me a new primary care doctor, who was not taking new patients. The billing supervisor even helped me make the call to change my primary care doctor. She also got me an appointment with another orthopedic surgeon, who was not taking new patients. All of these closed doors were opened... for me. I cannot tell you how thankful I was. 

Once again, God took care of everything. 

Once again, He showered me with His faithfulness.


by fanofcanucks



No comments:

Post a Comment