Tuesday, September 4, 2012

New School Year

Today, our family will be starting our new homeschool year. I am so excited! Really! We had a Labor Day weekend retreat at our church, so I waited until after Labor Day to start. Just like when I lived in the city of Chicago!

For the longest time, I had been wanting to start a new school year with my children. Last school year was filled with many disruptions. Those disruptions included two major surgeries that had me bedridden for a long time. Much of that time, my husband would get the kids started with their homeschooling, and then they would work on their own, while he went to work. I was so thankful for A1. He was a such a great help in leading and helping his siblings.

I feel like last year was so fragmented and broken. As a mother, I want to bring stability. I want things to get back to normal... for them and for me.

We received all but two of our children's workbooks (which were the vocabulary books that we could wait a few weeks to start), so we are set to go. Please pray that God will bless us with His presence as we begin this new school year. Please also pray that God will continue to bless my relationship with A1, A2, and A3.


No comments:

Post a Comment