Monday, September 10, 2012

Survival Remedies and Shows



During our vacation in South Carolina, I got stung by one of these harmless looking blobs. I was in the water with my niece, when I felt a stinging on my leg. It didn't feel right. Then, I felt it again and again and again and the sting wasn't going away. THEN, it finally hit me: I must be getting stung by a jellyfish! So classic Moni. That is when I shouted to my niece that I thought that I was getting stung by a jellyfish and that we needed to get out of the water. We got out of that water: pronto!

Let me take a short break to describe a jellyfish sting. It feels like you got stung by a bee and it keeps stinging you and doesn't stop. I could see how a small fish doesn't have a chance. When I got out of the water, bumps started to form where the tentacles had wrapped around my leg. Couldn't look at them, can't... stand... looking... at little, red bumps... another story for another time.

When I got back to the house, I told my brother and sister-in-law what had happened. They told me about the survival skill they had learned on one of those reality, survival shows. See, there is a lot to learn from those shows! They told me that I needed to use a natural remedy that they had seen. It involved urine. Enough said.

Well, let me tell you, it worked! The stinging stopped almost immediately. The bumps started to go down also. I couldn't believe how well it worked. I was truly amazed. So the next time you are watching one of those survival shows, take some notes. Those tips might save you a lot of pain!

The next day, my nephew and brother got stung. My nephew got stung the most, and he was in a lot of pain. The tentacles had wrapped around his foot. He went into the shower in bad shape and came out smiling. Same with my brother. Who thought of this? Amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment