Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pumpkin Chia Pudding


This was something that I had wanted to try for quite some time. I heard that chia seeds + any liquid made a gel-like substance. I just wasn't sure about how it would taste. We put it on our rice and salads, but we had never ventured into the gel zone.

This recipe was surprisingly easy to make and quite good. I tested it on my children, and my older two gave a thumbs up. A3 was holding out. Next time, I think that I am going to try it with bananas and some berries on top. How does cocoa powder and strawberries sound? The possibilities are endless. This is an easy, good-for-you snack, that really fills you up.



Pumpkin Chia Pudding
(adapted from choosingraw.com)

1/2 cup pumpkin puree
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1/2 cup rice milk
2-4 tablespoons of maple syrup (the real stuff) or agave (to taste)
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon (to taste)
Sprinkle of Nutmeg (to taste)

Put all the ingredients in a glass and mix. Wait 10-15 minutes. The chia seeds will expand and form a gel. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment