Monday, January 16, 2012

Rose Oil


My skin, my skin... what can I say about it? I broke out all over my forehead when I was eleven. Later, I broke out on the rest of my face. I used to spend thirty minutes in the bathroom trying to cleanse my face to prevent future breakouts. Adolescence was a bit hard, especially when the rest of my family had clear skin and couldn't understand why I had breakouts.

I remember being so envious of people who could put any type of lotion on their face - my mom, sister, brother, friends, everyone else in the world... In high school, my friend gave me a gift set from Crabtree & Evelyn. It was winter break and I couldn't wait to try it. I tried it, broke out in a deep red, itchy rash, and was miserable for the rest of the break. After getting married, I tried using a Neutrogena cleanser and experienced the same thing. After that incident my husband understood my sensitive, acne-prone, skin predicament.

A few years ago, I had a eureka moment. I realized that as soon as I feel any type of tingling on my face after applying a new product, I need to run to the bathroom and wash my face really fast. This has prevented many rashes and breakouts. I know, I know, I should have realized this sooner. Accept me for me, please. Needless to say, I am not one to try new products. I have pretty much stuck to the same skincare line.

Well, in my pursuit of a more chemical-free lifestyle, I thought that I should start using 100% natural, paraben free, phthalate free, sulfate free, petroleum free products. Doesn't everyone have these types of demands?

I was searching for products to make my own body butter (I will talk about this another time), when I came across Wild Rose Facial Oil. I wasn't sure about putting oil on my oily but turning dry skin but I was willing to try it because the price was very reasonable.

As soon as I received it in the mail, I washed my face and put the oil on my face. Here is my review:

  • No rash, no breakouts, no adverse reactions.
  • The smell seems strong at first but you get used to it.
  • I use one drop in the morning and two at night. One drop sinks in, while two drops makes your skin feel oily because it's an oil. 
  • I put lotion on my face after applying the rose oil.
  • After using it for 2 days my parents came over and my dad made a comment on how good my face looked.
  • My husband saw a difference in my skin and started using it.
  • People have commented on my husband's skin.
  • I noticed that after my husband started using it, his face looked less oily.
  • I notice that I have less hardened oil around my nose - women, you know what I'm talking about! 

This product is not for everyone, but if I can use it... 


No comments:

Post a Comment