Monday, January 30, 2012

Friday

Last Friday, I went to my monthly appointment with my oncologist. I had to give her a note from my occupational therapist - felt like grade school. The OT felt that there was something more to the aches in my right shoulder. Usually, therapy will push you past the "ouch" factor and help you to get moving again. Going to therapy had actually made my arm worse. The more exercise, the more joint pain. It is difficult to tell if it is the rheumatoid arthritis or the side effects of my hormone drug (Femara). Dr. K suggested that I take Advil for a week to bring any inflammation down. We are going to see if this helps.

Since it has been 3 months since my last round of scans, Dr. K ordered another round minus the MRI. This Wednesday, I am scheduled to get a CT and bone scan. I can go in, get the radioactive injection for the bone scan, have the CT scan done, and then go back for the bone scan after the radioactive material has settled in my bones (2 hours after the injection).

Friday was just so crazy. I came home completely exhausted. It had been the first time that I had driven to the hospital by myself since my surgery. It was also the third time that I had driven since my surgery. I don't have full range of motion in my arm but it is enough to drive. I left my house at 8:20 am and got home at 2:30 pm because I had to go to the plastic surgeon's office also.

So thankful that my parents could take care of my children. So thankful for all of the doctors and nurses who care for me. So thankful that my pain is minimal. So thankful for all of your prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment