Thursday, February 23, 2012

Just Thinking

Surgery does this thing to you. Finding out you have a serious, life-threatening illness does the same thing: makes you contemplative. About mistakes you've made in your life. About things you've always wanted to do. About things that you realize don't really matter. About people you need to forgive. About people suffering more than you. About how you want to change and can't seem to change certain parts of yourself. About what God wants you to do next. About how you don't feel like you are living to your full potential as a Christian. About family. About God. About your impact in this world.

What keeps me from living my life fully for Jesus? I know the answer: me. I am trying to let go of those things that don't matter, and cling to Him. I am trying to keep my focus on Jesus, and let Him lead. I am trying to stop fighting the work He wants to do in my heart, and let Him bring about change.



No comments:

Post a Comment