Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday, February 1

Tuesday was my last session with the occupational therapist... for now. We are going to wait for the results of the scans and go from there. It was a bit sad. My OT was really nice. I enjoyed talking to her. You don't realize the bonds that are created. She is of the Jewish faith and, as I left, she said that she would pray for me. That meant a lot to me.

Wednesday is my CT and bone scans. Unfortunately, I don't really like CT scans. I can take the loudness of the MRI. I can sit still with radioactive stuff inside of me for the bone scan, but the CT... quadruple ugh! You have to drink this stuff called gastrografin four times before the CT scan. Each time with 16 ounces of water or a clear drink! You drink one the night before, another one 1 1/2 hours before the scan, another one a 1/2 hour before the scan, and then the last one right before the scan. Not fun. I always worry that I will have to go to the bathroom during the scan. It does clear your system, though!

I am still awaiting the results of the hepatitis C blood test. Please pray that it will be negative.

This past week and half has been a menopausal roller coaster for me. I got one of those really big pimples on the side of my nose. I had some cramping. I wanted chocolate, and then something salty afterwards. I wanted to cry. Not because I was sad or anything. Just wanted to physically cry. I have no patience. Absolutely none whatsoever. That makes it dangerous for all the A's in our family. Actually, anyone who comes in my path. These menopausal roller coasters do pass, but please pray that it will pass really quick...


No comments:

Post a Comment