Friday, February 24, 2012

New Day

We woke up to a winter wonderland. It was all white outside. The barren, winter trees looked beautiful again. I didn't think that we could end February without some type of snow storm again. Come on, this is the Midwest! We have had it too easy this year!

I woke up extra early so that we could drop off the kids at my friend's house, and then go to my monthly oncologist visit. It was amazing to see very little traffic on the highway. Did everyone take the day off of work? Either way, it got us to the hospital early. Got my blood drawn, saw my oncologist, got my monthly shot, picked up the kids, and came back home.

Everything looked good on the bone scan - no growth of what was already there or new spots. I did complain about the pain in my right shoulder. It has been bothering me for a few months and keeps me from sleeping sometimes. Even though I had a great OT, the therapy didn't seem to help my shoulder. Dr. K said that she wanted to see if I had hurt my shoulder in some way - possible sprain or tendonitis? I will be getting an MRI of my right shoulder at the beginning of March. All this time I assumed that it was a side effect of the Femara, but it seems that the joint pain that comes from Femara usually is in the hands or joints on both sides of the body. My pain is focused on my right shoulder.

Going to the oncologist office brought back a lot of triggers from my last surgery. Certain smells and sights made me feel a little nauseous. I couldn't wait to get out of the building and breathe. I tried breathing through my mouth but that doesn't last long, especially when you have crackly lips. Then we walked to the other building to get my monthly shot and it brought back more nausea. The car ride home was spent trying to forget those smells and memories. 

I had read a section of Psalm 119 this morning and this is the verse that jumped out at me. 

My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.
(vs. 50)

His Word strengthens me, encourages me, challenges me, and brings hope when no one or nothing else can. 


No comments:

Post a Comment