Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ultrasound...Check

Today, I had to get up really early for an ultrasound. Unfortunately, I overslept and rushed out of the house. I also had to drink 32 oz. of water before going to that ultrasound AND not go to the bathroom. Not easy with my bladder.

The ultrasound was of my pelvis so that Dr. D could make sure that there isn't anything else wrong in that area. It will also help him determine whether he will do the surgery laparoscopically (3 small cuts) or by cutting across my c-section scar (big cut). We are praying that he can go the laparoscopic route. Small cuts = quicker recovery.

I had to stop taking my vitamins (except calcium) yesterday. Some of the vitamins that I was taking can cause complications in my surgery. Starting tomorrow, I will have to stop taking my hormone drug (Femara). I believe that Dr. D said that clotting can become an issue.

Sunday will be the hardest day because I can only eat a small breakfast. By 3:00 pm, I have to take something to flush out my system. The nurse said that it won't matter what I eat or if I eat because it is all going to come out. Clean system but very hungry me!  : (


No comments:

Post a Comment