Thursday, December 22, 2011

White Christmas Mix

One of the things that I enjoy doing for Christmas is making homemade treats for people. I could go out and buy something, but I enjoy making something homemade. The snack mix recipe that I am going to share was given to me by a fellow teacher many years ago. She would make it every Christmas and bring it to the teacher's lounge. I would stand by the counter and eat and eat!

Over the years, I have made it for family, friends, fellow church workers, and deacons. People are always skeptical thinking that it will be too sweet, and then they try it. Then, they cannot stop. It is addictive. It is sweet and salty. It has passed the "Asian" test. My kids jump up and down when they see that I am going to make this.

This year, I wanted to continue the tradition of making this mix. Too many people were counting on me...  I just had to adjust the way that I made this. Translation: I had to figure out a way for others to do the work. Due to my arm issues, my children opened cereal boxes and were constant "gophers" for me. My husband melted the chocolate, poured it out, and later put the snack mix in containers. It was truly a team effort this year.


***Please note that I am not a professional photographer. I still do not know about lighting and positioning. I also experienced how difficult it was to make something and take pictures at the same time. Be patient and have mercy.***


I made a massive amount because I have a lot of people to share with. I must have used 10 boxes of cereal, 2 lbs. of pretzel sticks, 2 bags of m&ms, and 6 bags of white morsels.


This year I tried the Nestle brand morsels.


You have to line your table with wax paper, and tape it down so that it stays in place.


Pour the cereal in layers. Why? It's just more organized that way!


Melt one bag of chocolate and pour over mix.


Mix the chocolate into the mix. Use plastic gloves because the chocolate will harden on your hands.


Melt another bag of chocolate, pour, and mix again. Continue to do this until you have the desired amount of chocolate coating.


Make sure to coat all of the mix.



White Christmas Mix

1 box of Rice Chex
1 box of Corn Chex
1 box of Wheat Chex
1 box of Cheerios
1 bag of Pretzel Sticks
1 bag of M&Ms
1 jar of Roasted Peanuts (optional)  (I don't add these because my children have peanut allergies)
2 bags of white chocolate morsels


  1. Line table with wax paper and tape down.
  2. Pour out all the cereal, pretzels, m&ms, and peanuts on wax paper.
  3. Melt the chocolate following the manufacturer's instructions.
  4. Pour over the mixture.
  5. Mix chocolate into the mixture.
  6. Spread out and let dry.
  7. Place in air tight containers in cool place.


*This blog does not take responsibility for weight gained while eating this mix. Make and eat at your own risk!*


No comments:

Post a Comment