Friday, December 30, 2011

Who Would Have Thought?

After my surgery, I had several appointments with each of my surgeons. I've already met twice with my breast surgeon. I was supposed to make another appointment for the beginning of January. I tried to make the appointment at the doctor's office but was not able to. I made a mental note to call the next day but never did. I knew what I had to do but kept putting it off - you know, patterns or issues?

Last week I got a phone call, from my breast surgeon's scheduling nurse. She called me to make the appointment! That has never happened to me before. Usually, doctors are so busy that they can't keep up with who is supposed to come in. But mine did. Of all people, the busy breast surgeon who is the director of breast surgery at the hospital that I go to.

Then, I got a Christmas card from my oncologist's office. It was a gift card to Target. This is the second gift card they have sent me. The first one was in August for school supplies for the kids. What kind of doctor's office does that?

God surprises me again and again. He is so good to remember us and bless us in so many different ways!


1 comment: