Thursday, December 1, 2011

Two Weeks

Two weeks ago I had surgery. Major surgery. It took 7 hours. There were 3 different surgeons (breast surgeon, reconstructive plastic surgeon, and ENT surgeon) working right after each other.

I remember going into the operating room. It is always so cold in there (I've had 3 c-sections). I asked them if they would keep me warm. I am always cold and this really concerned me. My last c-section had lasted two hours and had left me shivering with a pretty low body temperature.

The nurse said that they would keep me warm. She got a warmed blanket and put it over me. I saw two of the surgeons. Then the anesthesiologist told me that he was going to put me under. I don't remember what happened after that. I am very thankful for that because fears do creep up inside of you...fears that you might feel everything and not be able to move/tell anyone that the anesthesia is not working.

The next thing I do remember was being woken up and told that I was being moved to a hospital room. I couldn't open my eyes but I could hear voices. It seemed like they had just put me under and were already waking me up. I woke up to a new reality...


No comments:

Post a Comment