Friday, April 20, 2012

Unexpected Call

On Tuesday, I got a call from the occupational therapist that I had seen after my mastectomy. She had called before and had left a message on the answering machine. I had called her back and left a message at her office. We kept missing each other's calls. On Tuesday, we finally were able to talk.

I really appreciated her care and concern. She could have listened to my message and left it at that. I appreciated her extra steps to get in contact with me. I was able to catch her up on all that has been happening with my right shoulder and, now, my left arm.

You can tell when doctors take a genuine interest in you and when you are just another patient. I feel so thankful for all the doctors that I have been able to see. I have been shown so much kindness and concern. God has been so good in connecting me with really good doctors who also care. Thank you Lord!

On Friday, I will be going to my monthly oncologist visit. I have a lot to discuss with her. If you remember, I had to see a different oncologist last month because Dr. K was on vacation. There are a lot of new aches and pains that I need to get her input on. I also have some issues with the tooth that my dentist wanted to do a root canal on. Complications that can occur (disintegration of my jaw bone) because of my monthly shot caused us to cancel that procedure.

Please pray that I will remember all the things that I need to discuss with her. Please also pray that God will give her the wisdom she needs to deal with these complicated issues. Then, there's that ouchy Xgeva shot...


No comments:

Post a Comment