Monday, October 1, 2012

Carrot, Apple, Green Shake


This was my dinner a few nights ago. You would be surprised at how full you get from drinking a green shake. During the day, I ate something that wasn't so healthy so I needed to balance things out. It is easier and less time consuming to drink my veggies vs. eating them. You would be really surprised at how full you get from one of these shakes. I get the food, nutrients, and energy, to get me going until the next meal. Wouldn't think it, but it's true.


As you know, I really enjoy watching documentaries. Lately, it has been documentaries about food. I really encourage people to watch these types of documentaries. Awareness... it is really enlightening. Like I have said many times before, don't wait until you are sick. Here are some of the food documentaries I saw on Netflix:

Food, Inc.
Food Matters
Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead
Deconstructing Supper
Supersize Me (I think this was the title)



Carrot, Apple, Green Shake

1 apple (with peel, no core)
1 banana
2 carrots
2 purple cabbage leaves
2 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
3 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
1-2 cups ricemilk
1 cup coconut water

1. Cut hard vegetables and fruits.
2. Put in blender.
3. Mix.
4. Expect to be full.


No comments:

Post a Comment