Friday, October 19, 2012

Spicy Kale Chips


I know, when I first heard about kale chips, I wasn't too eager either. Then, I kept reading about how good they were in a lot of blogs. So, I had to try them. I added a bunch of different spices to match my taste, and in the end, they were really good! The crispiness made them quite addictive, I must say. A very good alternative to potato chips but super healthy!

I made these in June and kept forgetting to put the recipe on the blog. Oops! Try these! They are so good! I would recommend that you eat them the day that you make them. The second day, they get a bit soggy. Still good, but crispy is better! Also, I used two bunches of kale instead of one. I was a bit ambitious that day!




Spicy Kale Chips

1 bunch of kale
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon agave
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder                  **Please feel free to adjust spices to your taste!**
1/8 teaspoon curry powder
1/8 teaspoon tumeric
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper


1.   Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2.   Rinse and drain kale.
3.   Remove leaves from inner stem.



4.   Cut into small, bite size pieces.


5.   Place in a large bowl.
6.   Place the EVOO, agave, salt, pepper, garlic powder, curry, turmeric, and cayenne pepper, in a     bowl.
7.   Mix with a whisk.
8.   Pour over kale and mix with hands.


9.   Place kale on baking sheet.


10. Bake for 15 minutes. Keep checking at 10 minute intervals after this.
11. Move the kale around so that the wetter pieces get baked.


12. Your goal at this point is to get all the kale crispy.



**You have to be vigilant about checking the kale. It burns easily.
**You can take out the pieces that have crisped and leave the soggy ones to continue to dry out in the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment