Monday, October 29, 2012

Sandy

My sister lives in New Jersey and she is in the middle of Super Storm Sandy. I talked to her in the late afternoon, and her power went out as we were talking. She freaked out, and it freaked me out.

I asked her if she had enough bread.

The last time I went to New Jersey, we experienced Hurricane Irene. It was a very scary situation with the wind, crashing trees, and fear of an electrical/gas/everything outage. You're waiting and waiting and not knowing what to expect. Her basement has flooded a few times because of hurricanes. Before Hurricane Irene hit, we went to the grocery store, and the bread aisle was empty. People bought all the bread, just in case. It was like nothing I had ever experienced in my life.

My sister has enough bread.

Please pray for the safety of those out on the East Coast. They our prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment