Thursday, October 25, 2012

What Do You Do With Broken Dreams? Part III

What Do You Do With Broken Dreams? Part I
What Do You Do With Broken Dreams? Part II

My husband and I met at the seminary that I attended in Korea. We were in the same group that went to an orphanage to tutor the children. (One day I will write about the details of our courtship, but not today). I LOVED the fact that we met in this specific way: serving God and serving orphans.

Our hearts were in agreement that someday we would adopt. We felt that God had put that desire in our hearts (even before meeting each other) and that He would continue to lead us in that direction. I would scan the internet to find out about the adoption process. I would listen to Christian radio programs about adoption. I would read books about issues in adoption.

We knew we wanted to do adopt. We just didn't know how or when. My husband's pastor's salary didn't allow us to have an extra $20,000. But, we knew that if it was God's will, He would provide a way like He always had.


No comments:

Post a Comment